DIY FriYay!!! Altered Train Case

image.jpg

 

Hi there friends! I am starting a new series called DIY FriYay where I share a fun project every Friday! Today I am here to share a fun project, one you can do  for fairly inexpensive and it's super easy as well! I am always spotting train cases at goodwill and local thrift stores and yes some are better than others but there are so many cool ways to upcycle them! They are the perfect summer project since you are decorating cute luggage for all your summer travels and adventures! Even if you arent traveling this summer, they are perfect for storage and make great art boxes for art on the go! I'm a big fan of taking something old and generic and making it your own, I love vintage but I love the idea of taking something old and giving it new life and putting my own funky spin on it!  So let's do this!!

image.jpg

 

Supplies:

  •          Train Case
  •           White Paint Primer
  •           Assorted Spray Paint
  •           Stencils
  •            Fluid Acrylic Paint
  •            White Acrylic Paint
  •            Black Marker 
  •            Paint Sealer 

 

I started off by wiping down the entire case with a wash cloth and warm soapy water and then used a white spray paint primer all over the case. Make sure to get all the little crevases and hardware covered as well!

image.jpg

Next I used neon pink, yellow and orange spray paint and my favorite stencils and went all around the case with them. I didnt worry too much about them being perfectly placed simply because a lot of it would be getting covered. 

image.jpg

I took some fluid acrylic paint and added drips going all around the box with the exception of the top. I then got out my trusty sharpie and drew out some flowers on all sides of the box, keeping in mind placement and semytry while working around the case. I then went over the flowers with a coat of thin acrylic paint (I used craft paint) this was just to simply make the flowers pop and stand out!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Finally I took a thicker sharpie and went back over the flowers and added some little plus marks for variety! I sprayed a coat of sealant and violia my train case was finished! 

 

image.jpg

There are tons of possibilities here friends, in fact I already am altering another one! 

image.jpg
image.jpg

Well friends that is all from me today! I really hope you enjoyed watching the process of me altering this fun case! Feel free to comment and share any fun altered travel cases you may have done yourself I would love to see them! Happy Friday!!!