Hi friends I am here to share some tips on how to stay inspired and keep your work fresh! I know some days we feel stuck and just in a slump and for me I am always coming back to these five things, so with that being said I really hope these can help you when you need a boost!
1. Pattern & Shape - Patterns and shapes are EVERYWHERE! it's in the clothes you wear, the tile on your bathroom floor, the watermelon in your kitchen and the leaves growing on your tree outside. The same goes for shapes, they are everywhere, and the key is opening your eyes to see all the possibilities laid out in front of you! One way to find these is to dig around your house or go outside and go on a photo hunt. Once you start seeing these shapes and patterns you can save all these little photos in a file and then you ALWAYS have something to com back to when you are in a slump.
2. Color - Let me just say I am so so incredibly inspired by color and color combinations! It's something that is always changing and always keeping me inspired and fresh! There are SO many ways that color can inspire you, from the colors of the sunset, flowers, your clothes, pretty perfume bottles and so so many more! Finding color inspiration can be fairly easy if you are feeling stuck, try searching Pintrest for mood boards and color stories, take photos and add them to your inspiration file so that inspiration is always at your fingertips! Really friends it's that easy, and the more you search the more inspired you will become!
3. Challenge Yourself- Finding ways to challenge yourself is super easy! There are TONS and TONS of creative challenges out there, it's just a matter of finding one that works for you! Maybe you don't join a big creative challegnge but you find some way to challenge yourself everyday. This month for example I have chosen to do a watercolorr drawing a day as well as an affirmation card a day! They are both something I have truly enjoyed and have taught me something new! So what is one thing you can do today, this week or this month to challenge yourself and stay inspired?
4. Try Something New - When I am feeling in a bit of a slump I like to completly switch gears and work on something new/different. I am a bit of a hobbyist so I have lots of things to fall back on or to mix in when inspiration is no where to be found. So let's say your usual gig is painting but you are stuck in a bit of a painting rut why not pull out some colored pencils or markers and color? or maybe cut out some pretty pictures and make a mood board, before you know it you will in one way or another be inspired!
5. Re Use it - A great way to find inspiration is to go through your old art! I love looking through my old art journals and finding something old that sparks a new idea. Whether it's a certain shape or technique or color palette, I promise you there is something there! Going through your old work is a great way to leverage how much you have grown as an artist and if that doesnt help inspire you I dont know what will!
Well friends I really really hope you enjoy and take something great away from this post! I know we all have our days where inspiration seems to have ran the other direction but hopefully these tips will help you feel inspired in one way or another! Have a great day friends!