Hi lovelies how are you? I am here to share a fun little project you could get done in an afternoon! It's super fun and doesn't cost much either! Making mini canvases can have a ton of possibilities! I got this pack of six 4x4 canvases at Michael's for just under four dollars and if you bring in a forty percent off coupon its even cheaper! Well lets get started!
1. The first thing I did was tape my canvases together so that I could work on the back ground all together to make it a bit easier and faster.
2. Glue down some riped up book pages
3. I added a bunch of gesso with a pallet knife and then smashed the canvas together to get some fun texture going
4. Use a paper towel (yes a paper towel) to spread random colors of paint on all the canvases
Using the paper towels give you a soft wispy effect that I am in LOVE with!
5. I then continued with all of my favorite colors!
6. Add some purple spray through a stencil to add some interest
7. I then broke the canvases apart and added some neon oil pastels around the edge of all of the canvases
8. Use some stamps on the back ground and then made hearts with some modeling paste
9. I painted over all of the modeling paste with fun neon colors
10. Use sequins on the hearts for some fun 3D elements and add a fun doodle border and that's it your done! Super simple right?
I hope you all enjoyed my mini canvas tutorial please feel free to post a link if you try this out for yourself! I would love to see what wonderful things you come up with!